Coolest 60th Birthday Party Ideas
with A Roaring 1920's
Celebrate your birthday with a blast from the 20's with these 60th birthday party ideas that are guaranteed to leave guests breathless!
Don't need to browser forever the best deals on 60th birthday party supplies, we've compared all the products sold online and these are the best items that can save your centuries of time:
You can either scroll down this page and read all the ideas or choose the idea category from the drop down list below:
Lots of visitors from all over the world have contributed their 1920s' party ideas to this section. As you enjoy and find inspiration from the ideas here, take a moment and submit your own 1920s' theme party ideas. You'll be taking part in creating the Web's "coolest" birthday party ideas resource that's ALWAYS FREE for everyone to enjoy!
1920's Birthday Party Invitations
Get guests "jazzed up" for your 1920's theme with these adult birthday party ideas for invitations!
- Several new dances came about with the innovation of jazz and the blues, so pay tribute with a dance steps map created just for your invitations! On a piece of white card stock, draw little shoe prints in various dance steps with the numbered lines indicating the proper direction for the dance. If you aren't familiar with the correct order of things, then invent your own – these are just for fun! Add a message such as "Take a step towards (name)'s 60th birthday party! Join us for a night in the 1920's for a roaring good time!" Add the time, date, and location of the party.
- For a feminine touch, use a piece of sparkling card stock or scrap book paper and cut from it the shape of a "flapper" dress. Add a fringe to the bottom of the dress with heavy thread or fine yarn and guests will dance the Charleston when they see your party invitation scrawled across the front: "Kick up your feet and dance with us! (Name) is celebrating 60 in a big way, and you're invited!" Include the time, date, and location.
- Extra, extra! Read all about it! Use tan scrapbook paper that resembles an old newspaper and write or print your headline in bold letters. Add a photo of the celebrant to the front page news for a great effect, then add the city or town to give it an authentic feel. Your front page story can read: "(Name) is an amazing 60 years old! This party is already the talk of the town, and you can see it first hand by arriving at (location) on (date) at (time)! See you there!"
More information of party invitations.
1920's Birthday Party Decorations
Instantly take guests back in time when they see these 60th birthday party ideas with 1920's theme decorations! The amazing All That Jazz bandstand is a 3D masterpiece! Featuring the shadows of band members in a lively jaunt, the bandstand is an impressive 94" high, 88" wide, and 22" deep. Elsewhere, you can fill an incredible 25' of wall space with the city skyline backdrop that fills your room at nine full feet in height. These scene setters will steal the show!
Jazz up the party atmosphere with music note balloons . In classic black, these music notes are a classy way to send music soaring! Supplement with bright white latex musical note balloons to add to the festive party feel.
Fill any empty spots in your décor with Die-Cut musical notes. These playful cardboard pieces come nine inches high and arrive in assorted styles by the dozen. Choose basic black or metallic silver to fit in with your theme.
Wish the celebrant a Happy 60th with a 1920's custom banner that you can personalize with the message of your choice. This vibrant banner features a city skyline and a dancing duo that is ready to light up the night!
Display with a metallic silver marker so guests can leave their birthday wishes on this one-of-a-kind keepsake.
Choose your tableware from the Pick-a-Color plastic party collection. Each selection of party supplies comes in a single color and includes plates, cups, cutlery, napkins, and plastic tablecloths. Choose from a wide variety of colors to perfectly coordinate your tables!
Add a punch of excitement to your tables with the Charleston centerpiece. The oversized martini glass is perfectly paired with floating candles and sparkling garland. Accent the glitz with Swirls & Stars confetti scattered across the table top.
Checkout these decoration kits for 60th Birthday party ideas :
Adult 60th Birthday - Personalized Birthday Party Banner
Super Shaped Mylar Birthday Party Balloon
24 Round Personalized Birthday Party Sticker Labels
1920's Birthday Party Costumes
Roar into the 1920's with the perfect flapper or gangster costume! A homemade costume idea is quite simple here as it has to go for elegance, fashion, and so much fun. Men can pull out their fanciest suit, their wing tip shoes, and of course a hat. Women can create a fun flapper costume out of what they have at home with a dress that swings as they dance and a boa. The great part about these costumes is that they really aren't hard to put together but they just encompass what the era was about so easily. They are such identifiable costumes and yet they are likely something that you can create out of some cute things that you have in your very own closet. You will feel like a flapper or gangster in no time at all!
Invite guests to arrive in their best 1920's party apparel. Picture sparkling cocktail dresses, showy accessories, and gangster gear. Jazz was introduced at this time, so look toward your favorite jazz show for clues on the dress. Men will look great in suits with their kerchiefs properly pressed, their top hats slightly askew. Pull out your best 1920's ideas and these 60th birthday party ideas are sure to be a hit!
Visit here for more party costumes.
1920's Birthday Party Icebreaker Activities
A 1920's theme icebreaker activity can make you feel as though you are living in a silent movie or some great novel! The era was one of such great fashion, such fantastic dance, and so many wonderful accessories to go along with it. Everybody seems to love this era and therefore it's an excellent theme for that party that you want to throw. This works well for everything from a sixtieth birthday party to jump back in time or even just for a fun costume party for adults. So if you want to go back to the roaring twenties, consider a couple of fun activities and ideas.
Living in The Great Gatsby
Nothing encompasses the whole era of the 1920's better than the novel, The Great Gatsby. Therefore this book creates an amazing 1920's theme icebreaker activity and setting for your party. Challenge people to dress up as their favorite character or simply to just draw cues from this famous book. You can set the scene with the fabulous music from this decade and set a scene right from the book. Be sure that people know that it is a costume affair and then with the backing of the book, you all have something great to talk about and dress according to. Suits the event quite perfectly!
Flappers and Great Dance
The roaring twenties was an era so much about great dance and great fashion, and the costumes and dances are still so recognizable today. A great 1920's theme icebreaker activity is to get everybody in on the act by hosting a dance party at your "speakeasy bar". Both the dances like the Charleston and the "speakeasy bars" were such a big part of this decade. Have the gentlemen come dressed in their best suits, a zoot suit is even better if they have it. Be sure that they use the perfect accessories such as a fedora hat. The ladies will love to come dressed the part and ready to dance. They can dress as flappers with the shimmering dresses and boas that made this decade famous. Dress the part and dance it too!
What some people don't realize is that this era was also when gangsters became commonplace and famous. So create a fun gangster themed party because everybody loves this type of thing. Show either silent movies from this era or gangster movies from years gone by to keep the theme. Ask everybody to come as a favorite like Al Capone or Bugsy Siegel. Serve up great Italian food and just the whole theme of gangster will serve as a great 1920's theme icebreaker activity that the crowd will be talking and mingling in no time at all.
1920's Birthday Party Food
Enjoy some of these favorites at your 60th birthday party!
Drinks don't have to be boring! Consider one or more of these choices.
- Serve sparkling grape juice or sparkling cider for a touch of class without adding alcohol. These choices look simply elegant in wine glasses for a toast!
- Offer coffee to your guests. Serve with cream, sugar, flavored syrup, and milk.
- You can't go wrong with soft drinks. A selection of colas and lemon-lime varieties will please almost everyone, and adding bottled water to the mix is sure to satisfy the remaining few!
Plan your menu with these 60th birthday party ideas, and make sure there's plenty to go around!
- Shrimp with cocktail sauce is a great appetizer!
- Pasta is an easy party dish, and you can serve it to please anyone! Set out a big dish of cooked pasta and flank it with two crock pots full of warm sauces – one white, and one red. Pile garlic bread on a nearby platter to complete the meal.
- Offer a selection of cheeses, meats, crackers, and breads for an all-encompassing deli platter. Cheddar and white cheeses are nicely complimented by ham, turkey, smoked sausage, and a selection of condiments.
- For easy and elegant sandwiches, prepare chicken or tuna salad and spread on white or wheat bread. Remove the crust and cut into four pieces per sandwich. If you serve both varieties, cut one into triangles and the other into squares so guests will be able to tell them apart.
Top off your party with one of these great desserts!
- Cupcakes are easy to make and serve. Make them sparkle with your 1920's them by icing them in white and sprinkling with edible gold glitter.
- An occasion this big deserves a big cake! Bake several tiers of round cake in descending sizes, for example a 12" round, a 10" round, and so on. Ice the largest layer with white icing, then center the next largest on top of it. Continue stacking them from largest to smallest, then decorate each "ledge" with flowers or a decorative border. Write "Happy 60th Birthday" on top to finish it up.
- Add a great photo to a sheet cake by taking it to professional party store and requesting to have it scanned onto an edible wafer. For just a few dollars they'll give you a full color photo that you can slice and eat! Choose one from the past or a great current shot, then add a caption such as "60 and Better than Ever! Happy Birthday (Name)!"
1920's Birthday Party Favors
Have top hats & tiaras at your party for arriving guests. These are perfect accessories for your 1920's theme! Allow guests to take them home and they'll keep the fabulous memories of your 60th birthday party ideas alive and kicking!
Don't forget to check out these creative favors for 60th Birthday party ideas:
60th Birthday Party Bead Necklace
60th Birthday Party Mints
1920's Birthday Party Games
Here's an excellent selection of printable birthday games you can buy and print out right away:
1920's Party Thank You Notes
Take photos of your guests enjoying your roaring 20's themed 60th birthday party ideas. Put the best ones together into a newsletter format with captions of each picture naming the guests in the photograph. (Be sure to show each guest at least once!)
Add a couple of paragraphs of "breaking news" to share your thanks: "(Name) has the best 60th Birthday Party of the year!" and "Thanks for being there for a roaring good time!" Leave a blank spot on each one so you can write a personal letter of thanks for everyone who attended or gave a gift, then print a copy of the newsletter for each guest and mail them out to show your thanks!
Your 1920's Birthday Party Ideas
Lots of visitors from around the world have contributed their 1920's party ideas to this site! We'd love for you to take a moment and submit your own 1920's birthday party ideas & photos .
Some of our visitors have gone the extra mile and written up their complete birthday party story with photos and everything they did. We call these stories "Party Tales" and they serve as a great inspiration!