Cool 30th Birthday Party Ideas
Your 30th birthday is a big one, so make it one you'll never forget with these for cool 30th birthday party ideas !
There's no need to search around forever trying to find the best deal on 30th birthday party supplies. Just compare between the packs below which cover pretty much all the adult birthday items you'll need:
You can either scroll down this page and read all the ideas or choose the idea category from the drop down list below:
Lots of visitors from all over the world have contributed their Cool 30th Birthday Party Ideas to this section. As you enjoy and find inspiration from the ideas here, take a moment and submit your own 30th Birthday Party Ideas. You'll be taking part in creating the Web's "coolest" kid birthday party ideas resource that's ALWAYS FREE for everyone to enjoy!
30th Birthday Party Invitations
Let guests know there's a party at your place with some of these great cool 30th birthday party ideas for invitations!
- Put together pictures of yourself at age 10, age 20, and a current picture at 30 into a tri-fold card. To make your own, cut a rectangular shape from card stock that measures 15" wide x 7" tall. Fold the card twice so that you have three 5"x7" sections. Place one picture in each section of the card and add captions. Under the first, "(Name) is turning 30!" Next, "We're celebrating on (date) with a party!" Finally, "Join us at (location) at (time)!"
- Find your favorite baby picture and scan it to a computer. In the digital format, add text. "This little one is 30! Come see how much (name) has grown at (location) on (date) at (time) for a birthday celebration!"
Check out the following Cool 30th Birthday Party Ideas for Invitations:
Celebrate In Style 30 Invitations (8 count)
Birthday Stripes 30 Postcard Invitations
30th Birthday Party Decorations
Celebrate 30 with lots of bright, bold colors to animate the festivities! You'll find the perfect party ware in the Time To Party 30 decoration and tableware set. Lime green, bright red, and a cool blue hue are the perfect colors to add a splash to your 30th birthday bash!
Line the driveway or walkway with photos from milestone ages along the way. Go with age 5, 10, 15, and so on, or choose from the greatest moments of your life: first birthday, first day of school, first car, graduation, wedding day, and holding a baby of your own are all great moments to remember! Blow up prints to 8" x 10" and attach them to large pieces of poster board in shades that match your color scheme. Use a contrasting color to cut out numbers to mark the age you were in each photograph. For example, a large "16" under the photo of you with your new driver's license, or "10" under your first double digit birthday.
Carry the photo theme to the party room with a photo of each of your preceding 29 birthday parties, or at least one great photo from each year of your life. Include pictures of yourself with friends or family to engage them in great conversations of their own as they revisit their own memories. Use bright backgrounds and bold number labels in contrasting colors to add to the festive atmosphere.
For a truly unique twist to your cool 30th birthday party ideas, put together a video show of embarrassing or funny moments. Well ahead of the party, ask friends and family members to contribute their own hilarious videos and put them all together into one riotous show. These are home movies that folks actually will actually want to see!
Hang a Time to Party birthday banner to match your Time to Party 30 tableware. The banner is fully customizable with any name, age, or message, so have fun with it! Display it at the party where guests can sign it to create a one-of-a-kind party keepsake!
Include plenty of balloons to liven up your 30th birthday party ideas. The Time To Party mylar balloon is available with the Time to Party 30 tableware collection. In bold lime, the unusual square shape is a fun, fresh addition to your party-scape. In addition to scattering these Mylar balloons around, choose dozens of helium filled latex balloons to add a colorful punch to your party. Choose sky blue, lime, red, purple, and white to match the tableware collection.
Attach several latex balloons together in a line on thin moldable medium, such as florists' wire, and morph them in an enormous three and a separate zero. To create an amazing party focal point, stretch your balloon strings into lengths of 14 feet or more so that when you bend them into shape, your balloon numbers will stand as many as six feet high.
Add an exclamation point to your fabulous party atmosphere by hanging lengths of streamers across the ceiling and along the walls. Use several rambunctious colors to transform your 30th birthday party ideas into a lively event!
Complete the look by adding Time to Party 30 Centerpieces to tabletops. Sprinkle bright confetti over your Time to Party table cover and your tables will sparkle with light! You'll find these items in the Time to Party 30 decorative set.
Here are lots of super creative Cool 30th Birthday Party Ideas for decoration:
"30 Hanging Swirl Decorations (5 count)
30" Burgundy Creepy Decoration
30' Blue Sky & Ocean Beach Backdrop
5' The Party Continues 30 Giant Banner
30' Stone Wall Backdrop
30' Tropical Flower & Bamboo Wall Border Roll
30th Birthday Party Costumes
Dress like you're ready to party and welcome in the thirties! When you think of think of special homemade costume ideas for adults, you may initially feel stumped when it comes to a 30th birthday party. However you can invite guests to come ready to party because this is a special and super fun affair! Let them really dress to thrill and party with boas, sparkles, glitter, and party clothes. You can pull together anything that you have which is fun—bright colored clothes, hats, jewelry, or anything that you may have thought was previously silly. This is a time to party and your clothes should most certainly reflect that! You don't need to go out and buy a costume for this party because you have everything you need in your own closet.
Ask guests to wear their favorite retro clothing from the year or decade you were born. Vintage tees are a great way to show off favorite pop culture icons, television shows, and characters. Best of all, they're widely available online and are extremely fun to wear!
Don't forget to check these creative costumes and wearing items for Cool 30th birthday party ideas:
Red Leather Pants Adult Costume
30th Birthday Party Bead Necklace
30th Birthday Icebreaker Activities
A Sparkly Affair
A good 30th birthday icebreaker makes the guest of honor feel special but throws together a great occasion for a milestone birthday. Since this can be a rather difficult milestone for some people, you want to make them feel like royalty. This is a really fun icebreaker because you dress up the guest of honor in all that glitters—a crown, a boa, and all the glitter and sparkle that you can fit on them. Then you all dress up to accompany them as their royal party for the night. This can make a difficult night much easier and make for a really fun birthday overall. You will all have a blast getting dressed up and sparkled up and the guest of honor will embrace this new chapter of their life.
All About You
A fun way to create a 30th birthday icebreaker can be to make the guest of honor the main feature. Invite all guests of the party to bring some piece of memorabilia or good story about the guest of honor to share at the party. Then make the guest of honor's favorite foods, favorite cocktails, and adorn the venue in their favorite colors. Feature pictures of them everywhere and play their favorite music. They will love this memorably birthday party, and the guests will have so much fun sharing their special memories with them! This is so easy to pull together and yet really makes the guest of honor feel so very special because the theme is all about them and how much their friends and family love and adore them.
In this really fun 30th birthday icebreaker you are featuring one of the most common and yet most celebrated of the cool 30th birthday party ideas. Thirty is by far a milestone and you want to celebrate that and throw a big bash. This party is all about dancing and enjoying some choice adult beverages. This is an all out party and the guest of honor will have no choice but to have fun! You invite guests to bring their favorite adult beverage or cocktail of choice. You ask them to bring along some of their favorite dance music, and then you invite them to dress for a fun time. See how creative guests get with their attire and then watch them have so much fun at this adult's only affair.
Trip Down Memory Lane
A fun way to celebrate a 30th birthday party is to celebrate the years gone by. In this 30th birthday icebreaker, you can ask guests to bring items that were around the year that the guest of honor was born. Be sure to include any newspaper clippings, the price of certain items, special songs that were big in that year, and any other memorabilia. Then you create a living yearbook of sorts as guests bring out their special items and you create a montage to the guest of honor starting at birth and traveling to current day. This is so fun and such a nice tribute to a guest of honor who likely means so much to so many people!
30th Birthday Party Foods
Serve a scrumptious selection of foods with these 30th birthday party ideas!
Thirsty guests are sure to enjoy some of these favorite party drinks!
- Feel like a kid again by serving floats! Drop two or three scoops of vanilla ice cream into cups and pour root beer or a cola favorite over it to fill the glass. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Create a fun party punch by mixing 2/3 fruit punch with 1/3 lemon-lime soda. Toss in cherries, limes, or oranges to add playful visual interest.
- You can't go wrong with soft drinks! Serve a large selection of cans in coolers packed with ice to create a refreshing beverage station.
Think fun and think young to fill your menu with these delicious 30th birthday party ideas!
- Nachos are a party hit, and a nacho bar allows guests to build their own perfect party platters! Offer a selection of tortilla chips, seasoned meat, guacamole, refried beans, sliced black olives, hot and mild salsas, an assortment of cheeses, and sour cream.
- Hot dogs are great party foods! Max it out by including a selection of chili, cheese, onions, relish, ketchup, mustard, jalapenos, and sauerkraut.
- For a more sophisticated touch, fill a platter with fresh fruits and add a dish of melted chocolate on the side. Strawberries dipped in chocolate are absolutely delectable!
- Create an impressive menu option by arranging thinly sliced deli meats and cheeses on a tray with popular soft tortilla wraps instead of bread. Add fat free mayonnaise and mustard options for a hearty, healthy meal!
- For a bit of sophistication, add shrimp the menu! Make a delectable cocktail sauce by mixing ketchup and horseradish and chilling for at least two hours before serving.
- Serve spreadable cheeses and crackers to add a variety of flavors without a lot of fuss. Cheddar, bacon, and hot cheeses are perfect cracker companions! Include butter and wheat cracker choices.
Enjoy one of these sweet treats to celebrate your 30th birthday.
- Keep dessert simple and buffet-style by serving cupcakes. Continue with the bright, festive color scheme by topping them with bright sprinkles.
- For a more traditional cake, add the number 30 in loud, brash style on a plain sheet cake. Pipe the outline of the numbers in with a decorator's bag, then fill the outline with stars from a standard tip. Make the numbers cover the whole cake, or draw them in a bit smaller to leave room for other writing such as "Happy Birthday (Name)!"
- Create a cake they won't stop talking about by adding a favorite photo! Professional cake supply stores can scan a photo onto an edible wafer for you. All you need to do is peel the backing off the photo and lay the wafer onto a smoothly iced white cake. Add borders, confetti sprinkles, and a festive "Happy 30th Birthday, (Name)!"
30th Birthday Party Games
Use these unique adult birthday party games that are guaranteed to be a good excuse to celebrate with family and friends.
Here's an excellent selection of printable birthday games you can buy and print out right away:
- Printable Birthday Games Ages Over the Hill
- Printable Birthday Games for Adults
- Printable Birthday Star Games
30th Birthday Party Ideas for Favors
Create amazing party favor keepsakes by finding photos from the past of yourself and your invited friends and family members. Tuck each one into a
photo key tag and present this blast to the past to guests before they leave the party.
30th Birthday Party Thank You Notes
Have someone take pictures of yourself with your guests throughout the party, then tuck these new memories inside thank you notes for a delightful way of sharing your gratitude to guests for being a part of your 30th birthday party ideas and celebration!
Your 30th Birthday Party Ideas
Lots of visitors from around the world have contributed their Cool 30th Birthday Party Ideas to this site! We'd love for you to take a moment and submit your own cool 30th birthday party photos & ideas.
Some of our visitors have gone the extra mile and written up their complete birthday party story with photos and everything they did. We call these stories "Party Tales" and they serve as a great inspiration!