Coolest Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas
Many dinosaur birthday party ideas are built around a jungle theme.
It's easy to create this steamy tropical setting with prehistoric beasts lurking in the shadows when you follow these simple dinosaur party ideas!
For best deals on dinosaur party supplies, you can save your time by choosing any birthday pack below which provide everything you'll need:
10% off Personalized Birthday Party Supplies from Birthday Express with code: birthday11
If you're looking for just an idea ( such as an invitation design, table decoration or just the party games) and not a complete theme, choose from the drop-down list below and you'll be taken to the appropriate dinosaur birthday party ideas' category:
If You Have The Coolest Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas,
You Can Share Your Story & Win A Prize...
Please like our Facebook Page first, facebook.com/CoolestPartyIdeas ;-) Then join our discussion on some of the coolest wakiest and most amusing ideas for a dinosaur party.
Click "Like" below, then go directly to the Submission Form.
Dinosaur Birthday Party Invitations
Check out these super creative invitation for Dinosaur birthday party ideas:
Dinosaur Party Personalized Invitation
Dinosaur Party Invitations
Go, Diego, Go: Dinosaur Dash : Wasabi
Dizzy Dinosaur : Juniper
Have a lot of fun with these dinosaur birthday party ideas for invitations!
- Start with a cutout footprint of your child's favorite dinosaur. Tell guests to "Stomp on Over! (Name) is turning (age) and we're stepping up to celebrate!" Don't forget to add the time, date, and location details.
- Write on fine grit sandpaper with a heavy marker to tell guests "You've Invited to an Excavation!" On the back of the sandpaper, affix a piece of brown or white construction paper with the words: "We'll be digging up a lot of fun at (name's) birthday party! Join us at the quarry at (time) on (date) at (location) to get down with some dinosaurs!"
- Create a hatching egg invitation. Print or copy coloring pages that picture dinosaurs. Let your child color the pictures, and then carefully cut them out. Cut egg shapes (slightly larger than the cut out pictures) from cardstock, then center one dinosaur on each egg. Using more flexible construction paper, cut out egg shapes that are identical in size to the ones you mounted the dinosaurs to. Next, cut the new eggs across the width in a jagged line about a third of the way from the top. Then either staple or tape the very top and very bottom of the cracked eggs to the dinosaur egg on cardstock.
- Once assembled, write "We're hatching birthday fun!" on the outside, then fold the bottom half of the egg down and write "Come celebrate the (age) anniversary of the birth of our little dinosaur!" along with the time, date, and location of the party. All of them are perfect dinosaur birthday party ideas.
- Take a picture of your little T-rex in his most fierce dinosaur pose, or use this T.Rex dinosaur costume. Attach photos to cardstock and warn guests "Here's a rare opportunity to see this one of a kind (child's name)-o-saurus!" Include time, date, and location details for your dinosaur birthday party.
Dinosaur Birthday Decorations
I recommend these wonderful decoration for Dinosaur birthday party ideas:
Dinosaur Wall Decorations
Dinosaurs Removable Wall Decorations
Dinosaur Sticker Scene
T-Rex Mylar Balloon
Dinosaur Personalized Banner
Dinosaur Sticker Sheets
A fun way to welcome guests to dinosaur birthday parties is to start at the sidewalk with footprints leading to the party. Create a wild array of tracks in all shapes and sizes and everyone will know to follow the herd to the door! If guests will pass by shrubbery on the way in, make dinosaur heads out of cardboard and paint. Set them up so they appear to be peeking out from the bushes. These prehistoric guests will delight everyone who passes by.
Inside, dinosaur birthday party ideas come to life when you let the jungle take over. Hang green and brown streamers from the ceiling in varying lengths, looping some over to look like vines. Drop balloons down among the streamers –green and yellow work well for a jungle effect.
Dinosaur birthday parties need volcanoes! Use construction paper or poster board to create a large volcano for one wall. After you draw lava creeping down from the peak, consider adding a bunch of red balloons over the crater for a lava explosion, or try white balloons for the appearance of venting steam.
In another part of the room, several large boxes make a great cave. Attach them with heavy duty tape and cut a path through the walls so kids can crawl all the way through. Decorate the surface of the cave – inside and out – with dinosaur bones cut from construction paper.
Go on an expedition for your dinosaur birthday party ideas!
Cut two or three large boxes down to a depth of about six inches. Fill partially with sand (if you are inside, uncooked rice isn't as messy) and bury mini dinosaurs.
If you have multiple dig sites, divide the kids into teams and challenge them to see which group finds all of their dinosaurs first. If there's only one dig in process, pick a dinosaur and the first kid to find it wins.
Enhance your collection of dinosaur birthday party ideas with a Dinosaur personalized birthday banner.
The perfect table at dinosaur birthday parties starts with the Dinosaur deluxe pack. This package contains table setting for eight guests, as well as a centerpiece, balloons, ribbons, and confetti. To carry the jungle theme onto your table, set up leaves and greenery down the center. Write each child's name on Dino Cups with Straws. These egg-shaped cups will look perfect peeking out of the grassy centerpiece!
A T-Rex Piñata will be an eye catching addition to your table until you're ready to club it!
Go back in time and embrace that extinct and fun animal! Here are some awesome children costumes for Dinosaur party:
Buddy Dinosaur Toddler/Child Costume
Tiny Dinosaur Toddler/Child Costume
Cute Lil Dinosaur Toddler Costume
Dinosaur birthday party ideas for costumes: Dressing like a dinosaur is so fun and if you want a homemade costume idea for kids, then this is a great one. You can use some dinosaur clothes that you have around the house or simply put together a monotone look in a green, purple, or just brown outfit that carries off a favorite or normal dinosaur. Don't forget a tail and of course the head as that's the best part and you can likely use what you have around the house for this. If the kids happen to love a favorite like Barney, then by all means put them in their favorite purple ensemble and let them enjoy being a dinosaur for a day. Not hard to do and yet such fun for kids of all ages!
Dinosaur Party Icebreaker Activities
Discovering Dinosaur Bones
This is like your own little hidden treasure hunt, but all focused in and around dinosaurs and everything that has to do with them. Here you are going to hide little dinosaurs or “bones” which can be things that look like giant dinosaur bones. You can likely find something simple at a local party supply store that looks the part and create your own perfect dinosaur party icebreaker. All you have to do is give them a map that takes them on their own dinosaur journey to find the bones of their favorite extinct animal. They will feel so important and as though they are all little archaeologists.
Following the Dinosaur Tracks
You simply trace the tracks of the big dinosaurs that lived centuries ago to pull off this fun dinosaur party icebreaker and let the fun begin. You put these tracks all over the house and let them discover their own little trail. It can lead them to a hidden treasure or some fun prize at the end that is of course in a dinosaur theme, but they will likely have more fun discovering the dinosaur trail. This is so fun because it seems real with the size of the footprints and the likeness of them as well. Yet they will feel like their own little modern day sleuths following along and tracking them down.
Riding the Dinosaur Train
This has become a popular show with some great dinosaur themes and so turning your own backyard into a full fledged Dinosaur Train is great fun. You set up a train in the backyard or some boxes that have a likeness to one. They all get to go on their adventures as if they are on the dinosaur train and likely will have more fun in this dinosaur party icebreaker than getting to an end spot. You just give them the illusion that they are on a train and keep it with the dinosaur theme and that's really all they need to have a good time. There is no end to the fun antics that they can have and if it keeps with the theme then they are happy.
Dancing Along with the Favorite Dinosaur
Who doesn't love Barney? He's the big purple dinosaur that kids just adore from very early on. So if you want the perfect dinosaur party icebreaker set up a dance party to some of Barney's favorite songs. There are great CD's out now that feature this purple dinosaur and all of his songs, so you just set it up to play and they can dance along. This is great fun for the kids and if you want an added touch then put on the show to run while they dance along. This is a great hit for dinosaur lovers of all age groups and so easy for parents to do! You will get countless hours of fun watching them dance along to their favorite purple dinosaur.
Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas for Foods
When your dinosaur hunters get thirsty, try one of these drinks that are just right for dinosaur birthday parties:
- Lava – serve fruit punch with fruit punch ice cubes for that bubbling effect.
- Tropical smoothies – freeze mangos (or another fruit of your choice) and mix in a blender with a light tropical punch until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Chocolate milk – tropical river mud never tasted so good!
Dinosaur birthday party ideas for feeding herbivores:
- Create a veggie tray suitable for plant eaters with sliced cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes. Serve with ranch or cheese dip.
- Chocolate banana pops are easy to make. Peel bananas and carefully insert popsicle sticks about halfway up the fruit. Dip in melted chocolate and freeze overnight.
- The ever-popular "ants on a log" is as easy as filling celery stalks with peanut butter and presenting them with a line of raisins on top.
- Create "forest forage' with a snack mix. Toss in small candies or dry cereal for more variety.
- Chocolate pudding will make a convincing -- and delicious -- tar pit.
What to feed the carnivores:
- Meat-eaters won't be able to resist hearty meatballs. Serve with a side of Italian sauce.
- Chicken nuggets make perfect Dino-bites. Serve with ranch dressing or barbeque sauce.
- A pterodactyl wrap is as easy as lunchmeat and cheese rolled into a flour tortilla.
- Before baking yellow cake, mix in blue food coloring. The result will be a tropical green surprise inside!
- Top a cake with green icing and Dino cake toppers. The 5" tall volcano is actually a candle, and the two 5" long dinosaurs bare their teeth, challenging the birthday kid for that first piece of cake.
- Make tracks by extending your dinosaur footprint theme to the cake. Ice the cake in lush green, then pipe in dinosaur tracks with a round tip. Include a volcano backdrop with brown icing, and pipe lava in with red.
- For a fun, festive cake, ice in a bright color and arrange T-rex jumbo jelly candy on top.
Dinosaur Party Favors
Here are lots of super creative kid favors for Dinosaur Birthday Party Ideas:
Dinosaurs Party Favor Box
Dinosaur Party Deluxe Favor Set
Dinosaur Party Favor Set
Dinosaur Party Candle
Dinosaur Party Blowers
Send your guests home with Dinosaurs favor boxes, which come with a growing dinosaur egg, a glow stick, a sticker sheet, two tattoos, and toy binoculars. Preschoolers will love the Dino noses set while elementary aged guests will dig Dino mini video game.
Dinosaur Birthday Party Games
Pinatas are great dinosaur birthday party ideas! Children love it badly and them never feel tired playing with it as a wonderful activity. The two awesome Dinosaur pinatas below are always a "hit" ;).
T-Rex 26" Pinata
Here's an excellent selection of printable child birthday games you can buy and print out right away:
- Printable Birthday Games Ages 3-5
- Printable Birthday Games Ages 6-7
- Printable Birthday Games Ages 8-9
- Printable Birthday Games Tweens & Teens
Dinosaur Thank You Notes
Check out these wonderful printed Dinosaur thank you cards:
Dinosaur Party Personalized Thank You Note
Dinosaur Party Thank You Notes
Show your gratitude in a special way with candid photos of guests in action. Look through your party pictures and find the best shot of each child, or have them pose with props during the party. Be sure to thank everyone who was there to make yours one of the best dinosaur birthday parties ever!
Coolest Animal Paties
There's no getting around it. At any animal parties that you plan to host, everyone there should expect a roaring good time, with lots of energy, playing, and of course, noise!
It's the natural thing that happens in out in the wild, and whether you are planning a jungle birthday party theme, a Disney Jungle Book groove party, or a zoo party, a fantastic time can be had by all with the right décor, the right games, and of course, the best kids birthday party ideas for putting on an animal theme without a hitch. Read more about our coolest animal parties revealed!
Share Your Dinosaur Party Ideas
Our website receive awesome dinosaur birthday party ideas every day, and we believe this is the power of internet. We call it "Party-It Forward"!
Click here and you can read lots of coolest birthday party stories shared by our visitors.
If you've just thrown a dinosaur party for kids, we'll be thrilled for you to submit your own dinosaur party photos & ideas (home party tips, cakes & costume ideas) to us.
To help you get more inspirations from how other people plan their dinosaur party, here are some of the coolest dinosaur birthday party ideas shared by visitors: