Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples
If you're part of a duo this Halloween, skip the stores and have fun creating your costume together. One of these homemade Halloween costume ideas for couples is sure to be the perfect fit for any pair!
Here are more creative costume ideas for Halloween.
Lots of visitors from all over the world have contributed their Halloween Costume Ideas for Couples to this section. As you enjoy and find inspiration from the ideas here, take a moment and submit your own halloween costume ideas. You'll be taking part in creating the Web's "coolest" costume ideas resource that's ALWAYS FREE for everyone to enjoy!
Flowers For Two
This is one idea that will really grow on you! The giant flower pot is perfect if you're hosting a party – if not, it's easy to improvise so you'll stay mobile. Follow these steps and you'll be in bloom in no time!
1. In order to make the brilliant flower petals, you'll need to gather several sheets of bright poster board. Experiment with color to suggest different flower types. A deep orange may look like a fall mum, while bright yellow can resemble a sunflower. To create a daisy, use white petals.
2. Before assembling the petals, you'll need to create a headpiece. You may need to experiment a bit to determine what is most comfortable for you, but a wide elastic circular headband will work well for most people. (If you find that to be too tight, attach your petals to the hat portion of a hooded sweatshirt, which you'll wear with the hood over your head. The end design, however, won't be as steady this way.)
3. Place the headband over your head, just behind your ears, and under your chin. While you're still wearing the headband in the proper position, have someone measure the circumference. This number will tell you what the inside measurement of your flower petals should be.
4. Now you're ready to start on the petals. Cut out several, using the shape of the petals in the picture as a guide or create your own. Shorter, rounder petals won't stick out as far, which may be more practical if you're going to be in tight spaces.
5. Use a measuring tape or a length of string to create a circle that matches the dimension of the headband as it sits on your head. Once you've got a few petals, begin to arrange them around the circle. It's important to let them overlap a bit to provide stability to the design.
6. Once you've completed the full circle of petals, use clear packing tape to connect them along the back side. To ensure they'll stay, you'll need to use several lengths up and down each overlapping section.
7. Finally, fold the bottom inch (or center) of the petals inward so the tabs stick out toward the back. Use safety pins to secure the folded tab to the underside of the headband, stretching it slightly to mimic the way that it will sit on your head.
8. You should be able to put the headband back on and wear the petals as shown in the picture.
9. To complete the look, wear dark greens shirts and pants. If you'd like to make a pot, cut a large piece of cardboard or plywood into the shape of a flower pot, cut it out, and paint it. You can make one large flower pot from plywood to pose behind, or use the cardboard to make more portable versions. One large pot is perfect to share, or make a smaller one for each of you. Either one of these Halloween costume ideas for couples is sure to make the two of you the life of the party!
Fans of Dr. Seuss will adore this choice of Halloween costume ideas for couples! The effervescent duo of Thing One and Thing Two from "The Cat in the Hat" is easy to duplicate!
1. You'll each need red shirts and pants – you can use what you've got on hand or buy a matching set for the occasion.
2. You can make the "Thing" logos with fabric paint, or for a really quick fix, use a marker to draw it onto self-stick paper. Cut the circle out and press it into the shirt.
3. Finally, use blue hair spray – widely available during the Halloween shopping season – to finish the look.
Because this costume is so easy to put together, it makes a great last minute choice when you're looking for matching costumes for couples!
These Halloween costume ideas for couples are fun, easy, and a great way to celebrate the holiday together. Best of all, you'll enjoy making them as much as you'll enjoy wearing them!