Original Halloween Costume Ideas for Teens
Forget boring store-bought costumes. Rock your look with one of these original Halloween costume ideas you can make yourself!
You can also search lots of creative teen halloween costume ideas here.
Lots of visitors from all over the world have contributed their Original Halloween Costume Ideas to this section. As you enjoy and find inspiration from the ideas here, take a moment and submit your own Original Halloween Costume Ideas. You'll be taking part in creating the Web's "coolest" costume ideas resource that's ALWAYS FREE for everyone to enjoy!
Would You Like Fries with That?
When you need teen Halloween costume ideas, this one is great for showing off your personality. Best of all, it's easy to get started!
1. Begin with a cardboard box that is wider than it is deep. If it's too bulky, it will prove difficult to wear. Look for one that is slightly wider than your own shoulders and deep enough to fit your body comfortably. You'll also need a couple of extra sheets of cardboard for the fries and mouth.
2. Tape the seams of the box together securely before you cut the top and bottom sides off.
3. Cut arm holes from the box. Paint entire box red and set it aside.
4. For the fries, it helps to be artistic but you can pull the look off even with basic fry shapes. Spray the entire French fry sheet of cardboard yellow and allow it to dry completely before drawing in the fry details.
5. Cut out the fries from the cardboard, trimming around individual pieces to make them look more realistic.
6. Use packing tape to attach the fries to the inside of the box with the decorated side facing out.
7. Next, work on the face. Draw in any expression that you'd like, creating a funny, serious, or angry look for your fry guy.
8. Paint the second sheet of cardboard red and cut it out to match the shape of the mouth. Draw in the details and attach with packing tape.
9. Slip the costume over your head and through the arm holes. Use a marker to sketch an eye hole. Remove the costume for cutting it out.
10. Once the costume is finished, you may find that you need to add straps to keep it on your shoulders. You can tape these in place or use a heavy stapler to secure them.
Just like that, you've got these great original Halloween costume idea like no one else!
The Puzzle is Solved
These original Halloween costume ideas are surely one of a kind! Turn heads with this retro-fave, the Rubik's Cube.
1. The easiest way to make this costume is from thick sheets of cardboard. You'll need twelve pieces that measure one foot by three feet each. You will also need 24 “triangle” pieces, with the straight sides on each measuring one foot long.
2. The first step is to paint the strips of cardboard and the triangles black. Allow them to dry completely.
3. While the black paint dries, cut a mold for the colored squares out of cardboard. Choose paint colors for the squares.
4. Use the mold to create the squares of color with rounded corners. You can make strips of the same color, as a new Rubik's Cube would appear, or you can make one that is hopelessly unsolved and multicolored.
5. Once you've painted all of the squares, all the costume to dry.
6. To assemble each row of cubes, stand the strips up to form a square (as shown). Use clear packing tape to attach the inside where each piece meets.
7. Next, take a triangular shape and fit it into the corner where the strips meet. Repeat for all four corners and on the top and bottom of each row, so that you'll use eight triangles on each of the three rows.
8. When you're ready to fit the costume, punch holes in the bottom row so you can thread a thin rope through to hold the costume up. String the rope through one side, over your shoulder, and to the opposite side over your back. Repeat the process for the other side.
9. Once the bottom row is steady, slip the middle and then the top row one, tying each one off in a similar fashion.
10. Once the top row is on, you're ready to go out and be solved!
These original Halloween costume idea-s are fun and creative ways to enjoy the holiday. Why go with the crowd when it's so much fun to stand out from it?