Coolest Pirate Birthday Party for Adult
An adult pirate party can be a lot of fun for adults! Here are some ideas worth sailing the high seas for!
You don't need to search forever the best deals on pirate party supplies, these adult birthday party items are the best choicess that can save your centuries of time:
You can either scroll down this page and read all the ideas or choose the idea category from the drop down list below:
Lots of visitors from all over the world have contributed their Pirate Birthday Party to this section. As you enjoy and find inspiration from the ideas here, take a moment and submit your own pirate birthday party ideas. You'll be taking part in creating the Web's "coolest" kid birthday party ideas resource that's ALWAYS FREE for everyone to enjoy!
Adult Pirate Party Invitations
All hands on deck! Get your crew lined up with these pirate party ideas for invitations.
- Fill yer booty from this treasure chest! Start this invitation idea with brown cardstock. Use one piece cut into shape as the base of the invitation and a second piece to cut out to the shape of a lid. Use clear packing tape to make a working flap. Life the flap and fill the chest with sparkling gold coins or nuggets of paper. Under the flap, attach a piece of gold or silver paper to write your invitation. One suggestion is to write "Come grab yer treasure you scaly sea dogs! (Name) is having a pirate birthday party on (date, time) at (location). RSVP by (date) or be prepared to walk the plank!"
- Create a party flier by printing a copy of the Jolly Roger from your computer. Cut them out and glue them onto sheets of black cardstock. Use a silver marker to write "ARRR! (Name) be (age)!" across the top, then add "We be celebrating at (location) on (date) at (time). You'll be joining us for a jolly good time!"
- Use tea to stain white paper for an antiqued look, then write the party information on the paper with a bold black marker. If you can hand deliver invitations, roll them up and tie with a black ribbon before delivering.
Also check out these super creative Pirate birthday party invitations:
Pirate Invitation in a Bottle
Pirates Personalized Invitation
Pirate's Treasure Invitations
Adults Pirate Party Decorations
Set the mood as soon as guests arrive with a beware of Pirates yard sign! These signs are meant to be placed in the yard, but you can have fun with them and arrange them throughout the party. Stuff them in potted plants or even in the food platters for a taste of unexpected fun!
Hang a personalized Pirate banner indoors or out to make sure everyone knows who the birthday "kid" is at this adult pirate party! Pirate posters are great companion decorations for walls, doors, windows, or anywhere else you'd like to add this creepy uninvited guest!
You may be a landlubber, but every pirate needs a skull and bones flag to make proper warning of his presence! Fly them proudly outdoors or make them a part of your indoor decor. They make great table accents and centerpieces, too!
Keep beverages on ice in the inflatable treasure chest cooler. This generously-sized cooler is perfectly coordinated to the pirate birthday party theme. Use it for a fun presentation of drinks, snacks, or party favors!
The Pirate's cove kit contains everything you need to create an unmistakable pirate party atmosphere! Turn any room into a pirate ship with a pirate's ship silhouette that stands more than seven and a half feet high, a huge skull and bones archway, a palm tree, and a treasure chest. Add a giant Captain's wheel and create an amazing photo opportunity!
Transform the whole room with water patterned background wall cover. Easily cover everything but your pirate décor when you hang these generously sized sheets on the walls! Add to the island feel with jointed palm tree.
Add a third dimension to your pirate birthday party decoration with a fishnet. Hang one against the wall, pile it in the corner, or use them to cover food tables for a great themed accent!
It's never a party without balloons, and even adults like these party accessories! Pirate ship mylar balloons are perfectly accessorized by pirate_latex_balloons for a festive way to take the decorations skyward.
Cover the tables with treasure map tablecloths, and then deck them out with pirate-themed plates and cutlery. Alternatively, stick with solid black tablewear to compliment the rest of your pirate birthday party decorations.
I recommend these super creative Pirate birthday party decorations:
Pirate Wench Sexy Wall Decal
Pirate Skeleton Peel 'N Place Wall Decoration
Beware Of Pirates 3D Art-Form Yard Sign
Pirate Ship Shape Jumbo 40" Foil Balloon
Pirate Skull Ball
Pirate Skull Dagger
Adults Pirate Party Costumes
Ahoy matey and walk the plan for good clean fun! If you are invited to a pirate party and looking for the best homemade costume ideas for adults, then this is a really fun theme. You can start with a dress as a woman that you can sort of tear up a bit to look as if you have weathered a pirate storm. For men you want some active pants and a button down shirt that you can also tear up a bit. You of course have to have a scarf for the head and for the neck, and you want to look a bit tattered and worn through some black makeup on the face. Complete the look with a stuffed pirate on the shoulder and you are good to go and ready to be your pirate best!
Ask ye first mates to wear their best pirate gear – the funnier the better! Striped pants and puffy white shirts have made their way to the pages of pirate lore, but invite guests to use their imaginations. Offer a selection of pirate wearables to dress up home-made costumes with scarves, hooks, eye patches, and much more!
Here are some cool Pirate birthday party costumes:
Vixen Pirate Adult Costume
Cutthroat Pirate Adult Costume
Pirate Icebreaker Activities
Embrace Your Inner Pirate
There's something alluring about pirates and therefore a pirate birthday party can be fun even for adults. If you have always been interested in the mystery around pirates and their whole lifestyle, then this can be a really fun pirate party icebreaker to pull off. This immediately turns into a costume party where you ask all of the guests to dress like pirates. They will be so excited because this is such a fun adult costume idea and yet pretty easy to pull off. Guests can get crazy with their costumes, dress as a pirate pair, or do something totally outlandish. You can go with a particular theme like pirates on a boat or just keep it open ended. Either way, dressing like pirates is fun for everyone and you can offer prizes in the theme to the best dressed and most authentic!
Talk Like a Pirate Day
This has become so popular that it has even been turned into a nontraditional or official holiday. Talking like a pirate is fun for everyone and takes them outside of their everyday and perhaps mundane life. This works tremendously well as a pirate party icebreaker because you tell guests in advance that they can only talk like pirates. You can provide them with some key phrases or give them a website to study up on their pirate terminology. They may feel silly at first, but they will in no time enjoy some fun with friends and make some new ones by talking only like a pirate. You can give prizes for the ones who talk best or even offer fun "tortures" for those who break the code and talk normally. Fun for everyone!
Walk the Plank Adult Style
What do most people think of when they think about pirates? That's right—walking the plank! So turn this into a fun and very interactive pirate party icebreaker. If you have a pool then you can turn the diving board into the plank that guests must walk as you shout out "orders" as if you are on a real live pirate ship. If not, then you can set up a simple platform over a ball pit or a baby pool for the same fun effect. Either way, guests will get a kick out of this fun game that puts them into the pirate frame of mind almost instantly. Easy to pull off and yet everyone will enjoy the fun that ensues!
A Fun Pirate Cocktail Party
If you put a theme to any cocktail party, it is bound to be fun. Combining creative cocktails and a great theme such as this makes for an excellent pirate party icebreaker. You just need to set up some fun munchies and a great environment for the guests to mingle in. Then have a "walk the plank margarita" or a "aarrggghhh matey martini" available for the guests to enjoy. This is even more fun if guests are dressed in their pirate best and talking only like pirates because that really helps to set the mood. Sure you can look for some fun cocktail recipes in this theme or you can just name classics after the most beloved aspects of the theme. This is a theme that everyone can get involved in and works really well for planning a cocktail party around.
Adult Pirate Party Foods
Lest ye pirate friends pillage the galley, pile your table with heaps of pirate-friendly fare! These pirate birthday party food ideas will keep the scoundrels in check!
Grog isn't the only way to quench a hearty thirst. Consider of one of these pirate party ideas!
- Lagers and ales – If your pirate birthday party is for adults only, then a selection of traditional pirate drinks may hit the spot perfectly!
- Shark's Blood Punch – Red fruit punch will look perfectly pirate-y when you float candy eyeballs in the pool of "blood". If you can't find candy eyeballs, try gummy worms instead.
- Soft drinks – Soda may not have made it onto the original pirate ships, but these party favorites are sure to keep a rowdy group of plunderers from making you walk the plank!
Pirates build up mighty appetites scourging the open seas, so plan accordingly! Fill your food tables with these pirate party ideas for food.
- Stabbed ye shish-ke-bobs – Pile chunks of chicken or beef on sticks and grill them with fresh veggies for a high-seas delicacy.
- Pirate Pete's Peg Legs – Fried chicken, and drumsticks in particular, are a great pirate party idea that adults can really get their hands on!
- Scurvy Submarines – Pile French bread high with meats, vegetables, and cheeses for a filling snack that will keep deck mates full and ready to sail the vast oceans!
Arrr! Even pirates have a sweet tooth, so keep your top mates in a party mood with these great pirate birthday party desserts!
- Create a sublimely sweet treasure chest from a two layer sheet cake! Stack the two layers – a thick layer of icing between them – and coat the sides with brown icing. Cover the top with yellow icing and pack the top with colorful unwrapped candies. This is one treasure chest that pirates won't be able to keep their hands off of!
- Keep it simple with cupcakes. Top each one with dastardly black or red icing and a gold coin or two for a real treasured effect!
- X Marks the Spot with a treasure map cake! I started this cake by icing a 12" x 18" sheet with a blend of tan and white icing to create the effect of a weathered treasure map. The torn edges were piped in with black icing, and then I used the black to draw the outline of the ship, tree, pirate chest, the X, and the dotted line. Next, I colored in the details with white, green, brown, and red. The treasure chest was filled with yellow coins and jewels before they were dusted with edible gold glitter. I added the water under the ship with a star tip using blue and white icing, then outlined the entire cake with white. It would be very easy to add your birthday message to this design!
Adults Pirate Party Favors
For a truly one of a kind party favor, personalized float mugs will be filled with memories of your pirate birthday party! Long after the big event, guests can raise a toast with these hefty glasses filled with their favorite beverages.
Here are some wonderful Pirate Birthday Party favors:
Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirate Sword
Pirate Telescopes (4 count)
Pirate Birthday Party Games
Here's an excellent selection of printable adult birthday games you can buy and print out right away:
- Printable Birthday Games Adults
- Printable Birthday Games Large
- Printable Birthday Games Teams & Pairs
Pinatas are a great addition to the adult birthday party and a wonderful activity for the guests. The pirate pinata below is always a "hit" ;).
Adults Pirate Party Thank You Notes
Have guests pose in the pirate photo setting for some wild and crazy pirate pictures. Send thank you notes out with these pirate birthday party mementos so guests can relive their visit to your pirate birthday extravaganza!
Here is a very cool pirate birthday party thank you note:
Pirate Party Thank You Notes
Your Pirate Birthday Party Ideas
Lots of visitors from around the world have contributed their Pirate Birthday Party Ideas to this site! We'd love for you to take a moment and submit your own adult pirate party photos & ideas.
Some of our visitors have gone the extra mile and written up their complete birthday party story with photos and everything they did. We call these stories "Party Tales" and they serve as a great inspiration!