Coolest Western Party Ideas for Adults
Round up your friends and take a trip back to the Wild West with these madcap western party ideas! These adult party ideas are perfect for turning football fans into Super Bowl party fanatics! The explosive plays start right here.
There's no need to search around forever trying to find the best deal on western wild party supplies. Just compare between the packs below which cover pretty much all the adult birthday items you'll need:
You can either scroll down this page and read all the ideas or choose the idea category from the drop down list below:
Lots of visitors from all over the world have contributed their Western Party Ideas to this section. As you enjoy and find inspiration from the ideas here, take a moment and submit your own western party ideas. You'll be taking part in creating the Web's "coolest" birthday party ideas resource that's ALWAYS FREE for everyone to enjoy!
Western Party Invitations
You won't have any strays from your herd when you invite the gang over with one of these western party ideas for invitations!
- Create a five-pointed Sheriff's Star Badge from silver or gray cardstock. On the front, write "SHERIFF" in bold print, and add "Town of (your last name)" under it in smaller letters. On the reverse, write "You've been summoned to appear at the ranch for a wild ol' time – be on time or face yer hangin'!" Include the time, date, and location of the party.
- Purchase a traditional western bandana for each invitation – usually red with a paisley pattern – and use fabric "puff paint" to write the party details directly on the bandana. Simply "Wild West part at the (last name)'s!" with the time, date, and location will get the point across without taking up much of your limited space.
- If you can hand deliver your invitations, then attach them directly to a cowboy hat. If not, a version cut from cardstock will work just as well. Your cowboy hat message should read "Head for the Wild West on (date) for a party that will have you tipping your hat! The fun begins at (time) so ride up to the ranch at (location) for a rowdy good time!"
Don't forge to check out these wild & printable invitations for adult Western party ideas :
Western Whirl : Brown
Western Party Ideas for Decorations
Welcome guests to the party with a western personalized banner . Whatever the occasion, you can make sure everyone knows what you're celebrating with this custom display! Invite guests to sign the banner for a one-of-a-kind keepsake from your special occasion.
Set up an impressive display anywhere at the party with a western entrance . A couple of cowpokes in silhouette leaning up against a sturdy "wooden" cardboard ranch entrance are the perfect way to accent your rustic old west décor! This traditional ranch entry can be used anywhere, plus it's great for photos!
Cover one wall with a desert evening mural for a beautiful way to set the mood for your party on the ranges of the Wild West. Continue the wall theme with western cut outs , which you can scatter throughout the party for accents nearly anywhere! Add a third dimension with a realistic split rail fence which brings your western party ideas to life with eye-popping detail.
Entertain guests with an authentic saloon when you set up a saloon room setter . From wall paneling to wanted posters and bar lamps to swinging doors and windows, you can really transform your space to the feel of the old west. Use this saloon scene as the setting for card games or line the bar area with the food tables and set up a dining room just like those of the old frontier.
Add a comical touch with cowhide balloons ! The whole herd will get a kick out of these riotous black and white cow print latex balloons, and they make hilarious party game props! Sort guests into teams and give each group a herd of 20 balloons to get from point A to point B and have a great time watching the cowboys in action -- the fastest round up wins!
Use barbed wire garland throughout the party – it'll go almost anywhere! It's a homespun addition to tables or walls, and you can even hang it from the ceiling in place of crepe streamers to keep things interesting.
Set your western table with bandanas, straw hats, and gingham for an authentic Wild West flair. Matching red and black plates and cutlery complete the look. Each set comes with everything you need to decorate a table, and plenty of extra supplies are available.
I recommend these Western adult party decoration kits :
40' Western Paneling Room Roll
Western Customized Memories Banner
Blue Paisley Bandannas
Western Sign Cutouts (4 count)
Western Party Ideas for Costumes
Howdy partner and all of that fun Western talk! One of the best homemade costume ideas for adults is of course in the Western theme. It's easy enough to put something together here by letting each guest dress like a cowboy or cowgirl. You can put together a fringed jacket, a cowboy hat, cowboy boots, and a scarf for the perfect look. You can put this together using what you have in the house and it will be so fun to do. You will be amazed at the cowboy or cowgirl that you see before you when you look in the mirror!
Have guests ready to party as soon as they walk into the corral by inviting them to put their best western party ideas together into great costumes! Suggest jeans, button down shirts, cowboy hats, and boots for the men, while women can wear denim skirts or long full skirts. Have a supply of cowboy hats and bandanas on hand for guests who show up without their western wear. There's no faster way to add western flair to an outfit than by adding a cowboy hat and a bandana to it!
Here are some super costumes for Western party ideas:
Authentic Western Holsters And Belt With Leg Ties Adult
Country Western Wig Blonde Adult
Western Authentic Indian Headress Adult
Authentic Western Gunman Belt & Holster Adult
Western Plush Hat with Arrow
Western Party Icebreaker Activities
A Chuck wagon Feast
Everyone loves to get into a theme and when you plan for great Western party ideas, then you can really make it fun. One of the easiest and yet most enjoyable Western party icebreaker activities is to plan a chuck wagon feast. This is so fun because it all takes place around a bonfire outside and allows for the guests to mingle and talk. You can put together some delicious hamburgers with potatoes in foil packets like cowboys eat. Then you can set the scene for some cocktails, snacks, great fire side chat, and of course ghost stories. You can mingle and have fun with the guests and let the bonfire be the main attraction of the party and the night.
Dress Like the Old Days
Part of the allure of the whole Western theme is to dress the part. This is such a fun way to celebrate the theme and makes for a great Western party icebreaker. You can ask guests to come in costume or set up everything for them. Either way be sure to have plenty of opportunities for them to add to their costumes and ideas with hats, scarves, boots, and other accessories. Play Western music and put on some Western movies in the background and be sure to put out a table with a camera for great photo opportunities. Adults don't get much of a chance to play dress up so this is a great way to do it. If they get to enjoy each other's costumes and have a way of remembering it all, that will make the evening that much more enjoyable.
Ride the Bull
When you think of Westerns you may very well think of bull riding as it's sort of associated with this era and this theme. So if this is something that you associate with the time, turn this into a fantastic Western party icebreaker. You can rent a mechanical bull because that is bound to be fun almost instantly. If you give adults a few cocktails and then put out a mechanical bull you can't deny the fun! Though you can make your own makeshift bull, renting a mechanical one will add another fun element to your party. This is a great way to get the crowd going, get people having fun, and of course pay homage to this amazing time period and theme for your party.
Challenge to a Duel
Adults don't really get to play with toy guns very often, so giving them the opportunity can really take thing up a notch. When you let guests challenge each other to a duel, you have the ultimate Western party icebreaker. Guests can take turns at taking a few paces, turning and then playing with their toy guns to try and take each other out. Make it that much more fun by introducing water guns as the weapon of choice. Put on the appropriate music to get guests into the right frame of mind and then watch them have fun taking turns at this fun activity that makes you feel like a kid again. All you need is some room, the right music, and some toy guns to create a fun activity that is totally in line with the theme.
Western Party Ideas for Foods
Hungry guests will gather round the chuck wagon in no time, so have your spread ready with these edible western party ideas!
The Wild West isn't known for family-friendly drinks, but you can tame things down with a selection of lemonade, ginger ale, and even root beer. Skip the bitter coffee from the range and provide a smooth modern version with cream, sugar, and flavored syrups for pleasin' grown-up palates.
Cowpokes build up quite an appetite ridin' and rustlin' the range, so have a hearty buffet for your greenhorn guests! Here are a few old west favorites with modern appeal.
- BBQ -- Bar-be-que always hits the spot! Pulled pork or beef simmered with a smoky, sweet BBQ sauce and served with buns, coleslaw, chips, or hush puppies will leave cowboys and cowgirls cheering your name! Have plenty of hot sauce on hand.
- Chili -- One of my favoriest western party ideas. A chuck wagon pot steaming and full of chili is the perfect way to combat a brisk evening! Prepare a tasty mix of ground beef, beans, tomato sauce, and onions for a basic chili and serve with crackers for a down-home meal just right for the range!
- Grilled Sausage -- Skip the wimpy hotdogs and grill up tasty sausages that are bursting with flavor! Smoked sausages come in dozens of varieties, from the mild to the wild to the unbearably hot, so heat things up with a selection of grilled favorites. Offer up buns, grilled onions, mustard, ketchup, and chili. Don't forget a simmering pot of baked beans on the side!
When guests need a break from line dancin', have a selection of tasty treats to satisfy that sweet tooth!
- Western Cupcakes – Remember those red paisley bandanas? Slather red icing on cupcakes and sprinkle them with black and white cupcake confections or sprinkles in tribute to that traditional western showpiece.
- Wild West Cake – Decorate a sheet cake to look like the old west with brown icing to make a saloon front. Pipe in details like a saloon name (your last name is perfect) and swinging doors, and then use green to add a cactus or two out front. Include a golden sunset in the background for the perfect finishing touch.
- Home on the Range – A simple decoration for the novice is a basic sheet cake with mountain peaks in the background and a windswept prairie in the foreground. Use pink or orange icing to create a sunset sky, purple for the distant mountains, and green for the prairie.
Adult Western Party Favors
Western glassware makes a great party favor for your wild western event. Fill glasses with peanuts or another rustic treat that outlaws are sure enjoy on the run!
Check out the following favors for adult Western party ideas:
Mini Molded Western Candles
Western Cowboy Air Rifle - 24 inch Rifle w/10 Darts
Western Party Thank You Notes
It's not a party until someone ends up "WANTED" and this comical wanted poster photo standee says it all! Take pictures of guests posing in this old west classic and send them off after the party in thank you notes to show your appreciation for a fabulous time in the old frontier. It's not every day that you're wanted, so guests are sure to enjoy this unique keepsake!
Here are some Western cowboy theme thank you notes:
Cowboy Party Thank You Notes
Your Western Party Ideas
Lots of visitors from around the world have contributed their Western Party Ideas to this site! We'd love for you to take a moment and submit your own western party photos & ideas.
Some of our visitors have gone the extra mile and written up their complete birthday party story with photos and everything they did. We call these stories "Party Tales" and they serve as a great inspiration!